Thursday 23 April 2009

Compost!

The compost bin is finished! Peter made it from an old table and a few cabinet windows, and covered it with some reed fencing I bought for something else. 


This is the inside - you can see the windows. Part of me wanted to leave it without the covering to watch the food turn into compost! But since it's right next to the road, we thought it was best to cover it. 

It fits nicely under the tree, and the space is so shady that there's not much else we could have done there.



I'll be able to grow things up and around it, and I'll put a stepping stone so I don't have to stand on the soil to fill it. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep it from smelling, because it's right next to the pavement, and right under the living room window! 

No comments:

Post a Comment