Friday 18 June 2010

skirts and scones

the newest skirt, made from an old sheet

a, erm, slightly half-eaten scone

a little bit of painting

Well, I've not been up to much this week other than working and commuting (and knitting) and phd-ing. But I did manage to squeeze in a cup of tea in a friend's garden yesterday, and a scone (or two) this afternoon. Oh, and a new skirt! Gosh, I'm enjoying making skirts at the minute, although at some point I'll have to branch out into a different style - the last three have been pretty much exactly the same but in different colours...

This one is a bit longer, and a little bit more swirly though, so maybe that counts as different?

Or maybe not.

I've also tried my hand at a bit of painting this week. This is part of the ongoing challenge to make all my presents. I've often made greetings cards in the past, but only recently started painting them.

Now, I have no talent for painting whatsoever, but I do like it. I also don't have any kind of special paint, but I rather enjoy the simplicity of a children's paint box with all the colours laid out for me. So I've been painting away, blobbing colours here and there in a very happy, sloshy kind of way - and then put my cards in the post without taking pictures of them! So this photo of the paper I was trying the colours out on will have to do, and you'll have to take my word for it that the finished cards were a little bit more artistic...

Right, off to put on my new swirly skirt for an evening of songs and dancing, followed by a weekend of festivals and birthdays. What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos, and especially love the painting - if thats just the practice stuff, the cards must have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete